Help Obtaining Compensation for a Back Injury Throughout Santa Barbara and California’s Central Coast
Representing personal injury victims since 1988
The most common cause of back injuries in the U.S. is motor vehicle accidents, which account for more than 40 percent, followed by slip and fall accidents. If you sustained a back injury in an accident caused by others in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura or the surrounding areas, each personal injury lawyer at McCarthy & Kroes is dedicated to providing the straightforward assistance you need to obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Types of back injuries
Our trusted and efficient attorneys assist victims who suffer all types of back and spine injuries because of accidents caused by the negligence or legal liability of others:
- Whiplash, caused by sudden movement that overstretches your muscles and ligaments
- Spinal cord injury caused by a sudden traumatic blow or jolt to the spine that fractures, dislocates, crushes or compresses your vertebrae or severs your spinal cord
- Spondylolisthesis, where a vertebra in the spine slips out of place onto the bone below it because of a broken vertebra
- Cervical radiculopathy, or a pinched nerve, caused by injury near the nerve root
- Axial burst fracture, usually caused by a fall from a height and landing on the feet
- Flexion/distraction fracture, often caused in head-on car crashes where the vertebrae are pulled apart when the upper body is thrown forward while the pelvis is held to the seat
- Herniated disk, also known as slipped or ruptured discs
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia, caused by a complete spinal cord injury, paralyzing the body below the level of injury
Can I file a claim?
In order to file a personal injury claim, there must be evidence that your back injury was caused by the fault of others. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you must show that the other driver was negligent or reckless. If your harm was caused by a slip and fall accident, a person or business in control of the property must have failed to reasonably maintain it or warn of dangers.
At McCarthy & Kroes, we help you understand your claim, including who is liable and how much compensation you may be entitled to obtain. If you have a pre-existing condition, we help you determine if there is adequate evidence that an accident caused further damage. Our back injury attorney has extensive anatomy training and experience with medical issues and can help you understand the full extent of your injuries, including immediate and long-term care and costs.
Rely on attorneys who care about the results of your case
Since 1988, our lawyers at McCarthy & Kroes have been helping clients all over California’s Central Coast recover the compensation they need for back injuries caused by the negligence of others. To learn more about how we can help in your case, contact us online or call 805.564.2085 for a free initial consultation.