HELPING VENTURA START-UPS CHOOSE THE RIGHT BUSINESS FORMATION AND AVOID FORMATION PITFALLS
Business law assistance in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties
When starting a new business, the first crucial step is to choose a business formation that best protects and benefits the company and the people involved. At McCarthy & Kroes, a business law attorney can provide the legal and business acumen to help start-ups in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties choose the right business entity given the goods or services offered and the needs, goals and resources of the partners or parties involved. Through comprehensive legal, contractual, liability and taxation planning at the outset, our lawyers help businesses save time and money by choosing the right formation and help protect against potential future disputes.
Forming the right business
From forming start-ups to assisting with all aspects of dissolutions, a business law attorney can provide comprehensive service to local businesses. When helping you choose your business formation, we personalize our counsel to your unique needs and goals. We help you evaluate such factors as tax consequences and liability limits so you can choose the best entity for your endeavor:
We also assist businesses, individuals, partners and groups with forming joint ventures to undertake short-term business dealings or transactions for their mutual benefit. Once a business formation lawyer helps you choose the right entity for your business endeavor, we assist with all aspects of formation, organization and structuring. This includes creating articles of incorporation, bylaws or operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and employment agreements and policies.
New formation pitfalls
When you form a new business, choosing the wrong business formation can greatly undermine the success of your endeavor. It can also make you vulnerable to personal liability, double taxation and other unexpected obstacles. A Ventura area business lawyer helps you analyze your needs and address each potential problem to avoid the pitfalls of choosing the wrong formation. We help you avoid a broad range of common problems that include failure to:
- Prepare an initial business plan
- Protect your personal assets and limit personal liability
- Take tax consequences of business formations into account
- Register a trademark or protect your business name
- Fully negotiate a partnership agreement covering potential disputes over profit sharing, dispute resolution, decision-making powers, buyouts, succession planning and dissolutions
- Properly register a corporation and submit required corporate documents, such as articles of incorporation
- Prepare and file all required California and local licenses and permits
- Properly finance a corporation or determine startup capital needs and sources of capital
- Consider the portability of business entities should you need to relocate
- Comply with employment laws, franchise laws, tax laws and other laws, the failure of which can result in heavy fines
Contact skilled attorneys to guide you through your business startup
With a wealth of experience and skills gained over 25 years of practice, our attorneys at McCarthy & Kroes offer the guidance you need to start on the path to a successful business. To learn more about our business formation services in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, contact our firm online or call 805.564.2085.