WHEN AIRPLANE ACCIDENTS HAVE DEVASTATING RESULTS, RELY ON OUR SANTA BARBARA LAW FIRM FOR THE ASSISTANCE YOU NEED
Serving California’s Central Coast since 1988
When plane accidents occur, the results can be devastating, including serious or fatal injuries. Obtaining maximum compensation is essential to getting the medical treatment, lost income and other benefits you need to make a recovery and move on with your life. However, aviation accident claims are often highly complex, requiring knowledge of aircraft, understanding of injuries and often detailed accident reconstruction and the use of experts.
At McCarthy & Kroes, we have the knowledge and resources to help you with complex claims stemming from private, charter and commercial plane crashes. Airplane accident lawyer R. Chris Kroes is a private pilot, giving him a special understanding of aircraft and the problems that occur in flight, during takeoff and landing, and on the ground. In addition, Attorney Patrick McCarthy has extensive anatomy training, giving our firm a full understanding of the effects and costs of all types of injuries.
Commercial and charter plane accidents
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) sets regulations for aircraft, pilots and aircraft manufacturers to follow. If any party violates these regulations or is otherwise negligent, they may be held liable for the harm caused, from catastrophic injury to wrongful death. Despite regulations, there were 1,500 recorded aviation accidents in 2010. Of these, 275 were fatal accidents involving the deaths of 470 people.
When a fatal accident occurs, it is often complex, involving multiple fatalities and lawsuits by multiple families. With 25 years of experience, we guide you through these complex claims. While the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigates each aviation accident, it is important for experienced lawyers to investigate and protect evidence, as well.
At McCarthy & Kroes, our highly experienced, professional and compassionate injury attorneys assist victims of accidents resulting from all types of negligence and defects:
- Pilot error
- Ground crew or flight crew error
- Air traffic control error
- Maintenance negligence
- Mechanical failure, including engine failure, air masks failure to deploy, taxi issues and other problems
- Aircraft defects, including structural, design and component part defects
- Runway defects
- Violation of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
The FAA regulates the manufacture of aircraft and component parts, including the use of replacement parts, and certifies the airworthiness of aircraft to meet the highest safety standards from initial design to retirement. However, it is the responsibility of the plane or aircraft part manufacturer to ensure their products are free of design and equipment defects. Despite such regulations, accidents occur because of:
- Structural, design and manufacturing defects
- Defective component parts
- Inadequate warnings or instructions
When this occurs, dedicated attorneys need to work hard to hold the manufacturer responsible for the harm the defects cause and obtain the compensation you deserve.
We put our trust in pilots to safely fly aircraft and deliver us to our destination without harm. Unfortunately, pilot error is one of the most common causes of plane crashes. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a plane crash, our lawyer provides the support you need to recover compensation after accidents caused by all types of pilot errors and negligence:
- Pilot intoxication, distraction, fatigue or inexperience
- Loss of aircraft control
- Flying into dangerous weather conditions
- Negligent or reckless low-level maneuvering
- Controlled flight into terrain caused by misuse of flight instruments or failure to adjust flight course
- Navigation errors
- Improper communication
- Midair or runway collisions caused by use of the wrong runway or communication errors
- Inadequate preflight inspections or equipment maintenance
- Incorrect use of airline equipment or technology
- Running out of fuel
- Inadequate preflight planning, including using a checklist
Contact a dedicated attorney to get results
Since 1988, McCarthy & Kroes has been guiding the injured and surviving family members through complex accident claims. To learn how we can put our experience and skills to work for you in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo and Ventura, contact us online or call 805.564.2085 today for a free initial consultation.